A form report is a report which displays all characteristics of a form. It lists the properties of a specific form, the categories and the fields linked to the form.
The report can be made by clicking the report link when displaying the form properties in the database designer:
When making new forms, often categories resemble a lot to those already made in other forms.
A new button : allows to copy a full category from an existing form to a new form. The category and its fields will be added at the bottom of the form.
It is now possible to replace fields in forms. When clicking on the icon next to a field in the form editor, a dialog opens to replace the field concerned.
Two options are available for replacing fields:
- by typing the id of the field that should replace it
- by slecting from the selection box
Calculated fields allow to combine values from other fields in one new field making use of a vbscript formula (excel like formula).
When a new field is made or when the formula behind such field is updated the values shown in the calculated field will not be updated as long as no depending field value was changed.
Through the database manager it is now possible to update the field value for all members of a list at once. In the database manager navigate to the field and open the edit option. At the bottom of the edit box a dropdown list with all the available list is shown. Click the list for which the update must be done and run the update.
Note that for larger lists (> 100 items) this may take some time.
In the "documents" section in the database manager, when editing a document three new variable fields can be added. Beside the variable database fields dates, random numbers and page breaks can be inserted:
- date of document generation: will insert the date on which a letter was generated
- unique code at document generation: inserts a random unique number when the document is generated. As such letters can be assigned a unique correspondence number.
- Print page break: this will insert a hidden piece of code which will not be visible when viewing the document in a browser. However when printed a page break will be inserted where this variable is included.
In the section "documents" in the database manager a clone option was added. With this option a document and its related fields can be cloned. This should enable faster making of new documents based on the design of existing ones.
In order to clone a document, click on the magnification class next to a document name and you will find the clone option there available.